Getting to Ryerson University
There are two airports serving Toronto:
- Taxis to downtown Toronto cost ~55.00 plus tip (~30-60 minutes). Follow signs to the taxi queue.
- Downtown Express Bus coach service provides direct transportation to a number of downtown Toronto hotels. The bus leaves from airport Terminals 1 and 3 and you can purchase tickets at the booth upon arrival or online for ~$28.00 (~45-90 minutes)
- Union Pearson Express Train connects YYZ to Toronto’s Union Station for $12.00 (one way, ~25 minutes)
- Toronto Transit Commission (TTC): There is no direct public transit from YYZ to downtown, but there are city buses that connect to the subway system for $3.25 (~60-90 minutes)
- You can catch the 192 Airport Rocket bus on the lowest level of either airport terminal (column R4 in terminal 1, columns C8-C12 in terminal 3)
- At Kipling subway station (the last stop on the bus), transfer to the eastbound Bloor/Danforth subway-line (green/#2)
- To get downtown, transfer to a southbound subway train at either St. George or Yonge stations. Make sure you find out the closest stop to your hotel in advance. Note that not all subway stations have elevators or escalators.
- Billy Bishop is located in downtown Toronto. A (very short!) ferry ride connects the airport to downtown every 15 minutes for free, or you can take an underground tunnel.
- A complimentary shuttle will take you to Union Station, where you can take the TTC to your hotel.
- Taxis are located in-terminal and cost about ~$10 to downtown.
By Public Transit
- GO Transit is the regional public transit service connecting the Greater Toronto Area. Union Station is a 25-minute walk from the Ryerson campus, and also connects to Toronto city and bus lines (TTC).
- In the city, you can travel via TTC (subway, streetcars, and buses) for $3.25 per ride. During the week, you can buy an unlimited one0day travel pass for $11 on all regular TTC routes. The closest subway stop to Ryerson is “Dundas,” on the Yonge-University (Yellow/#1) subway line. It is less than one block away from the Ryerson campus.
Getting Around Toronto
There are many hotels within easy walking distance of Ryerson University. Ryerson has negotiated special rates at two nearby hotels, subject to availability:
To take advantage of these rates, please contact Sophie Thomas at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Restaurant GuideRestaurant Guide